Family Continuity’s Family Support & Training Program provides services to parents/caregivers of a youth under age 21 in any setting where the youth resides. The staff, known as Family Partners, provides a structured, one-to-one, strength-based relationship between themselves and the parent/caregiver. The purpose of this service is tor esolve and ameliorate the youth’s behavioral and emotional needs by improving the parents’ /caregivers’ capacity to parent effectively.
Specific areas of support include:
- Education to the parent/caregiver
- Assistance in navigating the child-serving systems (DCF, education, mental health, juvenile justice, etc)
- Fostering empowerment
- Providing linkages to peer/parent support and self-help group
- Assistance in identifying formal and informal community resources (e.g. after-school programs, food assistance, summer camps, etc)
- Support, Coaching and Training for the parent/caregiver
- 24/7 telephone support with program services available 7 days a week between the hours of 8am and 8pm
Through the local Community Support Agencies (CSA), In-Home Therapy Clinicians or Outpatient Therapy Clinicians.
Service rates are payable under the benefit plans through any of the Managed Care Organizations for Mass Health (MBHP, BMC, Fallon, Beacon Health Strategies, Network Health or Neighborhood Health Plan). Private pay rates available.
Mary Mercier, M.Ed., LCSW, Program Director
29 Bassett Lane
Hyannis, MA 02601